Wednesday 10 July 2013

So, sew!

Well I told you all last time there would be some sewing coming.Well this week I been busy with a few projects.These days my sewing machine only gets used for mending at thats it.When I was younger I loved creating things even when they did not turn out quite right, but its all about getting the creative juices going not about perfection.I also sketch and i work the same way, just getting stuck in.So in my garden I have my bench what me and hubby brought, it,s been crying out for cushions for so long.We either borrow the inside ones, then they get left out, equals spiders or wet cushions when it rains.So made these....
 
Just some simple envelope cushions with a shiny side in case it rains and a nice fabric  side to sit on.They were quick to do and if i had known they would take me under a hour i would not have procrastinated for so long.I now have caught the sewing bug, hope you all catch it, ha ha!

2 comments:

  1. And very nicely done too Joy - lovely garden colours! such a good idea to have the showerproof side for it's so easy to forget to bring the lovely cushions in after use!
    Keep going with your sewing - I'll be looking forward to seeing your next project!
    Joy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joy, your cushions came out great, and you stitched them up so quickly! That's what I need for my outside chairs...some pretty, comfy cushions like these. xo

    ReplyDelete